2 large mashed ripe bananas
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup warm milk, (coconut, almond, soy, skim cow)
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
coconut oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray non-stick muffin pans with coconut oil cooking spray (I also add liners for aesthetics).
2. In a small bowl, mash the bananas and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, combine sugar, melted coconut oil (1 minute in the microwave), warm milk (30 seconds in microwave), brown sugar, and vanilla. Whisk to combine, then fold in the bananas.
5. Make a well in the dry mixture and pour wet mixture into the center. Gently fold dough until all dry bits are gone. Don't overmix .
6. Fill the muffin pan wells about 2/3 full.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes. Check with toothpick.
8. Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before carefully turning out onto wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 18 muffins.
Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Happy and Healthy Snacking!