Friday, August 3, 2012

Garden Rock Marker

I live in an apartment and I would really love to have a garden. Unfortunately, my garden has been downsized to a basil plant on my balcony. Funny side story. So, I bought the basil plant from a local farmers market. I was hungry and decided to walk into a Chipotle for lunch. These workers were staring and commenting on my plant (in Spanish) and I figured they were just wondering why I was walking around with a plant. On my walk home I looked down and there was a big toad in my plant! Good thing he didn't hop out while I was in the restaurant.

Anyways, I grew up with a garden and I remember the pain of marking your plants with seed packets on sticks. As soon as you watered the garden those packets got all torn and ragged. So I decided to paint rocks, or rather one rock for my one plant. Some day I will set up my balcony to have a better garden, but again I am a poor post-grad with an entry level job.

So what you need is a rock (which I found outside for free), paint brush, and paint. I am a painter so I always have acrylic paints and brushes. You can find them for pretty cheap at craft stores and dollar stores.
All you need to do is tap into your creative side and paint your vegetable and its name on the rock. The end.



Basil Plant, toad-free

No comments:

Post a Comment