Friday, August 3, 2012

Simple Wall Picture

I recently started a job as a Next Generation Technologist, which is just a fancy way of saying biologist. I work in a lab that does molecular diagnosis of rare genetic diseases. I am fresh out of Graduate School and owe a ton in student loans. I spend a lot of time budgeting my money and making ends meet. My way to de-stress and relax is to craft. Crafting can be expensive so I take pride in recycling, up-cycling, and finding ways to craft on a budget.

Here is a simple and cheap wall decorating idea.

First, I bought a black frame from the dollar store.

Next, I found one of my favorite poems online. You can also do quotes, excerpts from books, prayers, speeches, etc.
NEVER GIVE UP
Tenzin Gyatso, XIV Dalai Lama
Never give up
No matter what is going on
Develop the heart
Too much energy in your country
Is spent on developing the mind
Instead of the heart
Develop the heart
Be compassionate
Not just to your friends
But to everyone
Be compassionate
Work for peace
In your heart and in the world
And I say again
Never give up
No matter what is happening
No matter what is going on around you
Never give up

I opened up Microsoft Word and typed up the poem. Then, I chose the font (informal roman) and font sizes I wanted to fit the page.

I found a photo online (jasmine, my favorite flowers), and saved it.



I watermarked the picture to fit the page (500%) on the Word document.


I printed the word document on card stock (regular paper crinkles), framed it, and hung it up.


 ~Steff~

No comments:

Post a Comment