Hi readers! I am so sorry for the long absence. But have no fear, I am in the creating mood so I am about to go into blog overload. Entry number 1 for the day: Homemade Italian Soup! Great for these frigid windy days.
2 cups mixed pasta shapes ( I usually use the colored rotini, but I had farfalle on hand)
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
32 ounces of vegetable broth
2 cans (14.5 ounces) of petite diced tomatoes
1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped (my rabbit loves when I make this soup)
2 cups cut green beans (today I used french beans)
1/2 cup water
1. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package
2. Meanwhile in a 4qt saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
3. Add garlic, and cook until golden.
4. Remove saucepan from heat, and carefully add the vegetable broth, tomatoes with their juice, basil, and water.
5. Return to heat (move to high), and heat until boiling
6. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add green beans and pasta. Season to taste.
8. Heat through
Serve with an Italian red, such as a chianti.