Monday, March 4, 2013

Snowboarding: A Winter Workout

So, I finally went snowboarding for the first time. I know, I grew up in the Adirondacks and lived right next to a ski resort. Shame on me. Anyways, I never expected it to be such a workout. I was exhausted just from trying to stand up without falling. It takes a lot of leg strength and balance to snow board. I learned that I have "goofy" stance (leading with the right foot), and that I prefer to lean on the front edge over the back edge. I've got plowing down but carving is a different story. At least I can change directions, but definitely more comfortable leading with my right. If you haven't tried it, I totally recommend it. My legs were so sore from the workout. My butt was sore too, but that's from falling :(


Happy winter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment