Saturday, May 18, 2013

DIY No Sew Cut Up T-Shirt

I have the Color Run tomorrow (I'd say yay fitness, but my knees have not been kind to me lately)! Anyways, I decided that I didn't want to ruin any of my awesomely nerdy t-shirts (even if they were only six bucks)! So, I went through my home-made Halloween costumes and found this...


You are probably wondering what kind of Halloween costume this was. Well, it was last year during the whole Psy/Gangnam Style craze. My co-workers and I needed cheap work-appropriate costumes for the company Halloween party. So one person wanted to dress as Psy, and well the rest of us decided to be a K Pop group inspired by this image...


Our end result...

Yea we even danced for our co-workers (no I am not posting the video)

Anyways, I decided to recycle that shirt and re-vamp it a little for the color run. Nothing more colorful than an 80s vibe!


First, I cut ~1 inch slits along each side of the shirt.


Next, I started pulling the loops through each other.

1. Grab second loop and pull through the bottom loop (towards the left). Followed by pulling the loop towards you.



2. Grab next loop (third one) and pull through the second loop (toward the left). Followed by pulling the third loop towards you (and to the right some).



3. Continue doing this until the whole side is complete. It will sort of look like a braid.



I tied the last loops together (yay no sew!), but you can probably come up with a neater solution.

Don't forget to do the other side!

After I "braided" the sides, I cut the neck wider so that I could have an off the shoulder look.


The end result!!!

I added a colored tank top for contrast

My friend wrote my name in Korean on the back :)

Not too bad if I do say so myself. I'll add pictures from my ColorRun later :)

Happy crafting and running! 

No comments:

Post a Comment