Sunday, September 28, 2014

Cute Lantern Card Box

I found this cute wooden lantern at the craft store, and since my wedding was very rustic themed I decided to you is as the card box. I used to work at a country club and cater a lot of weddings, so I do advise that you use a box with a lock on it. We had a very good wedding coordinator who kept and eye on the box for us, you'd be surprised how many random people will show up to a wedding and take off with the money.

I decided to paint the lantern with acrylic paint (titanium white). You can use masking tape to ensure you don't get paint all over the transparent part, I just free-styled it. Then, I made the banner using a brown paper bag, hemp, rubber stamps, black ink, and glue. Again, I free-styled it, but you could always follow this blog post and change the shape of the individual banners. Then, I topped it off with a bow.

Close up of the banner

No comments:

Post a Comment