Saturday, April 11, 2015

Lacto Ovo Vegetarianism: Week 1

This week I officially made the decision to become a lacto-ovo vegetarian. That means that I can eat dairy and eggs; no meat. Or pretty much nothing without a face. Eventually, I will try and cut out eggs all together, but right now I want to make sure I have a good protein source. I am not really a fan of tofu or nuts; I will eventually learn how to like it (once I start expanding on my recipes). Anyways, here is a taste of my work week (Mon-Fri) meal plans...

Monday:
Breakfast- yogurt with granola, banana, and coffee (I also cut my coffee habit down to 1 cup a day)
Lunch/Snacks-weight gain shake (Ensure Plus Chocolate), baby carrots, craisins, luna bar (chocolate coconut)...I was in the lab all day so I didn't really have time to sit down for lunch so I really just snacked when I could.
Dinner- penne rosa, red wine (cabernet)



Tuesday:
Breakfast- yogurt with granola, banana, and coffee (there is a trend)
Lunch/Snacks-leftover penne rosa, water, baby carrots, apple
Dinner- avocado egg salad on a croissant, red wine (cabernet), chocolate coconut milk icecream

Avocado Egg Salad Recipe Here
(I opted out of using greek yogurt)


Wednesday:
Breakfast- yogurt with granola, banana, and coffee
Lunch/Snacks- leftover avocado egg salad on a croissant, water, baby carrots, apple
Dinner-caprese panini,  red wine (cabernet)

Caprese Panini Recipe Here
(I didn't use balsamic on mine)


Thursday:
Breakfast- yogurt with granola, banana, and coffee
Lunch/Snacks- leftover penne rosa, Mango smoothie, baby carrots, apple
Dinner-homemade veggie burrito bowl, water

Homemade Veggie Burrito Bowl Recipe to Come :)



Friday:
Breakfast- yogurt with granola, banana, and coffee
Lunch/Snacks- leftover burrito bowl, baby carrots, water, granola bar (oats and honey)
Dinner-grilled cheese, caesar salad, water

I must say this week went by smoothly. No cheating :) If you're wondering I spent less than $100 in groceries this week and it wasn't all food that I bought. I also liked that I could use the leftover tomatoes from my penne rosa in my panini and then again in my burrito bowl. I also used the left over avocado from my egg salad in my burrito bowl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment